Monday, March 28, 2011

Court's Baby Shower!

We all know by now that THIS is the time and age where A LOT of my friends are getting married, having babies, and starting completely new chapters in their lives!  I was in my dear friend Court's wedding last Januaray (2010) and I had the exciting role of helping to host her 1st baby shower last weekend!!!!

I have known Court literally since I was in diapers, so it was a no-brainer that I would be involved in all of her new chapters of life, and she would be a part of mine.  I felt honored to be standing by her side about a year and a half ago when she became a MRS., and I felt just as proud this past weekend when I got to experience her first baby shower...soooooooooo WELCOME to the:

SUGAR & SPICE & EVERYTHING NICE Baby Shower!

To start with, Court's sister Lori is a bridal and baby shower genius.  She claims that she has been to "a shower or two" and has helped plan a lot of her girlfriend's showers and even weddings.  I knew right away when she started e-mailing a few months ago that Court's shower was going to be great, but seeing how everything turned out and how much work she put into everything, I was completely floored!  She knew ahead of time when she asked me to help host this wonderful event that I would not be able to get involved as much as I usually would, with traveling and planning a wedding...but I was there the day of and I can honestly say I could NEVER think of anything or do anything she hadn't already done or thought of!  Ladies, I have found the ultimate shower planner...and yes, I would hire her myself! 

Now that you know about how I personally am not responsible for the cuteness below, I am going to show you exactly what I'm talking about...some REALLY CUTE ideas here!

"SUGAR & SPICE" table complete with Spiced Chai tea!

Baby sonogram! Look at that little nugget! <3

Printed SUGAR & SPICE napkins!

One of my favorite treats here - Regular, Chocolate & Strawberry milk!

YUMMY chocolate fountatin!  I probably dipped everything at this party in this thing!

Food set up - great finger sandwiches, fruit & veggies, and salads!

AND...as for party favors? Make your own candy bag! YUM!

SUGAR & SPICE Candy Bar! (Get it now?!)

Pink & White M&Ms...of course, those consumed MY goodie bag!

LOVED this idea and it was SO YUMMY and CUTE!

I had read and heard about everything that was going to take place at this shower, but I had no idea just how much planning had gone into it until I got there!  Everything turned out SO freaking adorable, and I know Court appreciated every second of it.  Here she is, the mommy to-be herself:

Mommy-to-be Court! <3

And the baby shower hostesses!

My sister and niece, Me, Court, her sister Lori, Katie and Karine

It was so nice to see all of the girls again, and it almost like we pressed a rewind button to a year and a half ago when we really got to know eachother during all of Court's bridal showers and wedding events!  It's really amazing how time just flies by...and here's proof! A beautiful baby girl on the way! I CAN NOT WAIT to meet her, and I feel like I am going to be an Aunt again.  Court is in no way my "sister", but our families are very close and we jokingly call eachother "cousins" and introduce ourselves that way to others, so you can see why I feel so connected to her baby on the way!

One thing I absolutely LOVED about this shower was the memories Court is going to take home with her.  Lori (once again) outdid herself and couldn't have made a cuter scrapbook for the baby, and for the guests to sign.  Each guest got a designated page in the scrapbook and we were told to pick our background, writing paper, and write a message to the baby.  She then took a picture of each of us and would add it to our page and finished off the page with some stickers.  INSTANT SCRAPBOOK! You know how obsessed I am with these, and you've probably seen it by now but I did an entire post about this subject in the "Our Honeymoon Album" post last month! 

What a great idea and touching gift for the baby (and mommy!):

First page of scrapbook for Baby!

Pick your own background, writing space and stickers to decorate your page!

Example and directions of what each page looks like...genius!

I couldn't get over the amount of time and detail that went into every aspect of this shower, KUDOS Lori! :)  One more thing I thought was a GREAT idea was buying the guest of honor Thank You cards, and having each guest address their own envelopes to be sent to them later...you know kind of like what you do at the dentist's office, but more fun! lol.  At the end the shower, Court pulled one name from this pile and they won a gift...easy, and very helpful for the guest of honor to get started on showing her thanks to the guests.  Good thing she had a good start because HOLY PRESENTS!!!


Court, Lori, and one of my fav presents:
UF Gator & FSU Seminole baby girl dresses - yup, they're a house divided!

I'm sure it's overly obvious to you how much I enjoyed this baby shower.  Not only did I get to spend time with Court and her family, but I got to share such a joyous time in her life with her.  I am SO HAPPY for her and I already love the little nugget in her belly SO much!  I can't wait to meet her and I'm counting down until the day that happens...


LOVE YOU COURT!  You are going to be an amazing mother and your little girl is going to be surrounded by so much love.  I feel blessed to be such a big part of your life, and honored that you are one of my bridesmaids!  "Sister" or "cousin", whatever you are, I'm so glad we share such a special bond and I can't wait to add one more little girl to it...verrrrrry soon!

See you at the hospital!

Lots of love,
Presh

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this!