Sunday, November 28, 2010

Harlem Globe Trotters!

One of my favorite things to do with Mr. Hess is go to any kind of sporting event, because we don't get to attend many sports events without working them!  About once a year, we get invited to go see the World Famous Harlem Globe Trotters! 

I remember when I was a little girl, my dad took me to a Globe Trotters event once, and I watched their cartoon on TV and thought that was cool. You can imagine my excitement to see them again in PERSON!  Last year, we took a group of girls on my team to see them play at the UCF arena, but this year the game was at Disney's Wide World of Sports.  We had a pretty good sized group with us and got to sit in the third row from the court - VIP, yes please! :) 

Excited to see the show!
What a great group of basketball tricksters and entertainers.  These guys do dunks and tricks I would never imagine seeing in any kind of NBA game.  Their only opponent is the Washington Generals, but to this day they have won every game against them but ONE! That's pretty amazing.  Even their intros before the game starts are unbelievable - I mean really...if I could do just one of these tricks I would be the best trickster on the dunk team! These guys are great - Check them out:


Towards the end of the game, we got to meet the hilarious and always entertaining Globie - the Harlem Globetrotters mascot.  Only, this time - it was Air Globie, or Big G.  Personally, air characters are my absolute favorite thing to watch in the mascot world because EVERYTHING they do is funny.  I don't know why - it just IS! I always enjoy watching more than just Basketball when we get to go to games...I end up staring at the mascot or dancers for at least half of it.  I bet you can see why:


All in all, I had a great night with some friends, but most of all a night out with Mr. Hess. He definitely has some social butterfly tendencies, which can be fun.  I am the one however, who is usually at home writing blogs about what we do while he goes and gives me more to write about.  He has definitely been a world traveler with an impressive resume, but within the last year I found out he has actually toured and performed with the Harlem Globe Trotters! Not as a player, but part of the game...how cool is that? Now you can see why I love the entertainment part of it - it's what we do!

We definitely happen to fall upon opportunities that some people would never get to experience, and I am thankful for that.  Hopefully our "nightlife" turns more into a "planninglife" because I am beginning to become overwhelmed with what's left to do...which is exactly what I didn't want to happen!  So it's time to really sit down and get some things done.  You with me, Mr. Hess?!?!?

Until next time blog readers!
-Presh

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this!