Thursday, January 13, 2011

3 Year Anniversary!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MR. HESS!!!!!!

I know it's been oh....almost 2 weeks now, but I realized I completely skipped over blogging about our special day once a year to recognize our relationship! Silly me!  Mr. Hess and I officially got together 3 years ago, on New Years day!  Every year, we get to celebrate with friends to bring in the New Year and watch the ball drop, but every New Years Day we make it a point to celebrate US.

This year, Mr. Hess took me to see his favorite comedian, Howie Mandel.  I had actually never been to an official comedy show before, so I was excited to go see what it's like.  I didn't know what to expect, but I had SO much fun. Holy crap, this guy was hysterical!!!!! I didn't understand at first why he wanted to do this on our anniversary, but now I see why.  A great Italian dinner, wine, and laughing for 2 straight hours was EXACTLY what we needed to take stress away from planning.  What a great night!

Ready to laugh, with a mint in my mouth from dinner! :)

@ the Howie Mandel show!
Mr. Hess also surprised me since we decided NOT to do any kind of gifts for each other this year, since we're saving for the wedding.  He came up with a great tradition for us - every year for our anniversary, we will buy an ornament ON SALE after Christmas for our tree as an anniversary present to each other.  He got me a beautiful purple, sparkly bird that goes with our tree and I got him a cute little taxi cab because we have a thing for NY, and also to represent how much I love traveling with him.  I'm sure some years we will spoil each other more than this, but for now - it seemed like the perfect idea.  Kudos, Mr. Hess.

Our ornaments to each other!

I can't believe 3 years has already flown by since we started dating.  Mr. Hess is actually out of town right now for work, and I miss him more than he knows.  When he's gone, I realize I don't get to tell him enough how much he means to me, and how much I take him being here for granted.  He spoils me more than I could dream of...but makes sure I learn my own lessons along the way.  I am so blessed to have a support system like him, and I know that we're exactly where we're supposed to be.  Can't believe next year we will be celebrating a different anniversary.....in JULY!!!!!! Love this feeling, and...

I LOVE YOU, MR. HESS!!!!!!

189 days left...

xoxoxo
Presh

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this!